What is the warranty?
Your device is covered against any defect or malfunctioning which may occur from normal, everyday use during the 12-month warranty period. This warranty is applicable from the date of purchase shown on your original invoice.
The 12-month period will be referred to as the “warranty period”. If there is a defect or fault with your device during the warranty period that falls into the below guidelines, we will repair or replace your device at our discretion.
It is The People’s Operator right to choose the appropriate solution for your device. It is not down to, you the consumer, to choose whether repairing or replacing is the appropriate solution.
Only defects and faults that relate to the materials or our workmanship are covered by this warranty.
You cannot benefit from the warranty if you:
- Purchased your device from a private individual
- Purchased the device or live outside of the UK
- Purchased a product other than a TPO device
The warranty only covers your device itself and not:
- Any accessories that came with your device including, but not limited to, the charger, headphones and free gift (if applicable).
- Manufacturer software, even if installed on the device when purchased. Please refer to the licensing agreement which is given in respect of software by the developers for details of your rights in respect to their software.
You cannot claim under this warranty if:
- Damaged cause by mishandling or misuse, neglect, negligence, tampering or unauthorised adjustments (including ‘jailbreaking’);
- Accidental damage or any damage caused by liquid, fire or any other event outside of our control. This includes dropping your device resulting in smashed glass.
- Damage caused by any third parties and/or yourself (e.g. where you have your device screen replaced by someone other than us.) This includes work done by representatives from the device manufacturer and/or any manufacturer authorised service providers. Please note that if you try to, or engage with any third party to carry out repairs and/or replacements to your device, your 12-month warranty will be void.
- If considerable damage has been induced by you, the customer. This will also void your warranty.
- Damage due to usual wear and tear and/or the natural ageing of your device.
- Cosmetic damage including, but not limited to dents, scratches, chips, cracks or snaps in external plastic or ports.
- Any damage to your devices protective coating (which is designed to diminish over time).
- Damaged caused by using the device with any other product (e.g. speakers or dock).
- Loss or theft of your device.
- Loss and/or damage to data on your device.
Although all devices we supply have an IP rating, this does not guarantee water resistance and/or protection from liquid induced damage. Click here to find out how to find your devices IP rating.
You will not be able to claim under this warranty if the serial number on your device has been removed or if we have reason to believe, your device is stolen (based on information provided by law enforcement authorities).
Sending your device to us
To return your device under warranty for repairs / replacement please call 01606 558866 or email email@example.com. A member of our team will direct you to our ‘Warranty Portal’ which allows you to expand on the issue and organise shipment. A pre-paid Royal Mail label will be provided for your use upon completion of the ‘Warranty Portal’.
To avoid delays and/or losses, please ensure the parcel is clearly labelled with your name, order number and return ID (provided via the warranty portal) for us to allocate your device on our system.
Prior to sending your device we require all passcodes and iCloud / Samsung accounts to be removed. We can not access and/or work on your device unless it is fully unlocked. We suggest removing any content such as photos and videos as we do not take any liability for loss of content during a repair.
If we deem the devices issue unapplicable to this warranty, we will charge a £20 shipping and handling fee to return your device. We have the right to deem the warranty void if there is evidence of customer misuse / damage.
We do not take any liability for accessories and /or the sim card that you return with your device.
Where we replace your device
The replacement device will be owned by you and we will retain the original. You will not be entitled to ask for the original device to be returned to you. Any remaining time left on your 12-month warranty will be transferred to your replacement device. If there is less than 3 months remaining, we will extend the warranty so you will have a minimum 3 months’ warranty on your replacement device.
Due to the length of the warranty and ability for natural wear and tear to develop, if we replace your phone, the cosmetic condition of the device we send back will be like-for-like, NOT the grade originally purchased. An example of this scenario is demonstrated below:
Purchased a ‘Grade A’ condition device > Returned device under warranty in ‘Grade C’ condition > Replacement deemed necessary; ‘Grade C’ replacement sent
You are responsible for:
- Making regular back-up copies of information, personal data, software and any other content on your device to protect the content against potential operational failures. You should make a back-up before you send your device to us under this warranty as your device may be erased, replace or reformatted in the course of our services.
- Removing all personal data from your device before sending it to us
- Disabling / removing all security passwords on your device before sending it to us
- Downloading or reinstalling all software programs (including apps), data and information back onto your device once it has been repaired or replaced.
- Prior to returning any device to us, please make sure ‘Find My iPhone’ has been erased from your iCloud / Samsung account.
Failure to comply with any of the above responsibilities will lead to a delay in the processing of your warranty claim and / or prevent it from being processed and may result in your device being returned to you without repair or replacement.
This document sets out all of the warranties we make in respect of your device and sets out the full extent to which we will be liable to you. We do not guarantee that we will be able to repair or replace your device without risk to, and potential loss of, information, software (including apps) and data stored on your device.
We will not be liable for:
- Any losses you suffer that are not a result of a breach of the terms of this warranty.
- Any losses relating to a business (including, but not limited to, loss of profit, loss of data and loss of opportunity). We will never seek to exclude liability for fraud or any fraudulent misrepresentation by us.
The terms of this warranty are governed by the laws of England and Wales. As we only sell and dispatch devices to UK Mainland, this warranty is not applicable in other countries (including Republic of Ireland). If you live in Scotland, the laws of Scotland will apply. Both you and we submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales over the terms of this warranty.
No other entity is entitled to make any changes, additions or extensions to this warranty and the warranty is between us and you only.
If any term of this warranty is held to be illegal and unenforceable, it shall be severed from the rest of the terms and the remaining terms will be unaffected. It is given in addition to your legal rights and remedies as a consumer in the UK and does not replace or affect any such rights.
Your Legal Rights
As a consumer you have certain rights by law when you buy goods. These include the right to receive products that are of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose (under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and Consumer Contracts Regulations June 2014).
If you encounter an issue with your refurbished or pre-owned device you have right to choose whether to exercise your legal rights as a consumer or to claim under his warranty. These terms and conditions govern this warranty only and do not apply to your consumer rights.